Registered Nurse I HHD - Med Surg
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Registered Nurse I HHD11989 Pellicano Drive, El Paso, Texas,
799366271, United States of America
Registered Nurse - Home Hemodialysis
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized individual who is
passionate about patient care and excited for the opportunity to
independently manage their cases with confidence and
accountability. As a Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN),
you will be providing education on Home Hemodialysis to your
patients and their care givers in a clinical setting, which then
allows them to dialyze from home. You have responsibility over the
complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment
stays on track.
Dialysis Experience is NOT required. Nephrology nursing provides a
fresh lens & set of skills to those newly entering the field.
What you can expect:
* Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
o Apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and
implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. As
a case manager, you will track and organize your patients. With the
pride of ownership comes the joy of witnessing how your care
impacts patients' lives.
* Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own
dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
o Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of
that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients
from feeling sick and afraid, to strong, independent, and able to
do the daily things that they love. Educating patients on their
options when it comes to dialysis not only helps them own their
journey, but also expands the program to people who will benefit
greatly from HHD.
* Wear many hats from Nurse, to Coach, to Leader.
o You will work independently, while also building deep
relationships with patients, support systems, and care
* Typically an 8 hour day Monday through Friday, with weekends and
* Flexibility as you manage your own cases, and as a result own
your own schedule.
* Scheduled home visits and on-call shifts vary by program, and are
What we'll provide:
* Clear, and competitive career progression for a lifetime nursing
* If you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week paid
training and the support to guide you through to becoming a
* Annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000
scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
100+ CEU courses at no cost.
* Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental,
vision, 401k match, family resources, mental health resources,
back-up child and elder care and so much more.
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of
* Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
* Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle
insurance in state of residence
* Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
* Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
* Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Peritoneal
Dialysis (PD), or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
* Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
* Previous case management experience
* Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth
* Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first
step at https://careers.davita.com
Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend
who would be a perfect fit. Send them this job link.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second.
We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I
belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything
we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired,
assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, El Paso , Registered Nurse I HHD - Med Surg, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!