Company: Peak Behavioral Health
Location: Santa Teresa
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Registered Nurse - Peak Behavioral Health - Santa Teresa, New
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing
nursing care to patients. Supervising care treatment and services
of patient care provided by LPNs, CNAs and other staff on assigned
unit and shift. Developing, implementing, and evaluating an
individual plan of care for each patient. Assessment and
re-assessment of patients. Communicating appropriate information
with the interdisciplinary team. Reporting patient concerns and
changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely
Job Duties: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Provides and coordinates care by
assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develops
and implements nursing care plans, maintains medical records and
educates patients and their families about various physical and
behavioral health conditions while ensuring patient safety at all
* Assesses patient's status on an ongoing basis and pertinent
information gathered is documented.
* Ensures nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs
and initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
* Takes physician's orders (verbal or via telephone) accurately and
documents appropriately; transcribes and reviews physician's
orders. Ensures physician's orders are legible if taken verbally
and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
* Accurately administers medications per ordered note and documents
accurate count of controlled substance. Adjusts medications under
provider's supervision as needed; monitors lab results to validate
* Notifies physician of significant changes in status such as
difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical
status regarding response to medications, etc.
* Supervises self-administration of medications using safety
initiative of using two means of patient identification: documents
and reports effects of scheduled and PRN medications.
* Maintains accountability of administration, recording, control
and security of medications, including narcotics.
* Completes admission and discharge processes efficiently and
accurately as directed.
* Confers regularly with treatment team (e.g., nurses, therapists,
program managers, physician) regarding patient care. Attends and
participates in the unit activities such as therapy groups, family
meetings as appropriate, staffing, unit meetings, etc.
* Provides education/explanation to patients, families, and
co-workers regarding medication usage/maintenance, common side
effects, patient's rights, as well as other topics necessary for
optimal patient care.
* Monitors patient acuity, census, staffing needs, and makes
arrangements for coverage as needed, following established
* Assures thorough, accurate documentation is completed for all
patients on each shift and patient assignment sheets are completed
daily and tasks are carried out as assigned.
* Gives thorough report to oncoming staff, supervisors, and
* Provides coverage in emergency services as needed. Why Peak
* Challenging and rewarding work
* Career development opportunities
* Supportive and responsive leadership Peak Behavioral Health
offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary
commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified
candidates should apply by submitting a resume. Peak Behavioral
Health is an EOE.
Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
Summit BHC is dedicated to serving Veterans with specialized
programming at our treatment centers across the country. We
recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community
in supporting our mission to serve those who have served. Job Type:
Keywords: Peak Behavioral Health, El Paso , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Santa Teresa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!