Nursing Support / Other / NICU / Texas / Permanent / Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE:
Full-timeAbout Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol Medical
Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the
surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital
in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency
Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing
needs of our tri-state community, providing special expertise in
Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center
of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally
Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed
Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our
350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality
care with compassion and integrity.BENEFITS: We offer an excellent
total compensation package, for variouspositions including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and
growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stockpurchase program. We would
love to talk to you about this fantasticopportunity. POSITION
SUMMARY:Provides primary care to hospitalized patients acting as an
assistant to physicians in the inpatient units following
established standards and practices. As a Hospitalist Nurse
Practitioner/ is involved in the education of patients, families,
physicians, and staff.
- Works in an independent andinterdependent relationship with
members of the medical staff, which allow forconsultation,
collaboration or referral.
- Provides diagnosis,treatment, consultation and follow up under
supervision of the physician.
- Maintains legible, accurateand confidential medical records.
Documentsall medical evaluations, diagnosis, procedures, treatment
outcomes, education,referrals, and consultations consistent with
NCQA (National Committee forQuality Assurance), TJC (The Joint
Commission on Accreditation of HealthcareOrganizations, and state
- Assist with theidentification of present on admission, (P.O.A.)
conditions and ensurephysician documentation.
- Educates patients and /orfamilies about preventive care,
medical issues and use of prescribed medicaltreatments and/or
- Participates and provideseducation for the purpose of
continuous quality improvement.
- Promotes core measure compliance.
- Provides ongoing oversight of appropriatenesscriteria for
patient bed placement.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in acute care and management of acute care patients
- Current Advanced Nurse Practitioner licensure required.
- Current certification in BLS required.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of five years experience in nurse practitioner role
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Effective leadership, teaching, research and communication
- Ability to demonstrate complex clinical skills within the
framework of the advanced practice nurse.
- Advanced physical assessment and critical thinking skills
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , Nursing Support / Other / NICU / Texas / Permanent / Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!