RN / NICU / Texas / Permanent / Endoscopy Registered Nurse Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del SolMedical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surroundingregion.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
IITrauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services tomeet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertisein Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center ofExcellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, anda newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
andstaff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest qualitycare with compassion and integrity.
Benefits:We offeran excellent total compensation package, for
various positions includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. Webelieve in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Yourbenefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,tuition
reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk
toyou about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY:To provide professional nursing care to patients
utilizing the nursingprocess. To collaborate with other members of
the health care delivery teamincluding physicians, to deliver
quality health care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Minimum College: AssociateDegree or BSN.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compactstate.
- Current BCLS certification.
- ACLS/PALS certificationcurrent or obtained within one year of
employment or transfer into unit. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ORPREFERRED:
- Previousexperience in endoscopy or a critical care area.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ANDABILITIES: PREFERRED
- Reads and writes BasicEnglish with the basic skills necessary
to transfer physicians orders.
- Knowledge of body substanceisolation.
- Ability to listen, empathizeand respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual inEnglish/Spanish. COMPETENCIES:
- Administers sedation/analgesia safely and accordingto hospital
- Identifies need for sedation reversal agent andadministers
promptly and correctly.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the recovery ofconscious sedation
- Responds appropriately to respiratory distress.
- Knowledge of gastrointestinal and pulmonary anatomyand
- Responds appropriately to control hemorrhage.
- Knowledge of sterile technique.
- Correctly obtains, labels, and processes biopsies ina timely
- Technical knowledge of endoscopy procedures.
- Ability to document in PCM in a concise and
- Ability to man...
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / NICU / Texas / Permanent / Endoscopy Registered Nurse Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!