RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical CenterLas Palmas Medical Center
offerscomprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency
Room Medicine (LevelIII Trauma), Cardiology, Womens Services, Labor
& Delivery, NeonatalIntensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
and Wound Care Management. LasPalmas Medical Center is also the
only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region.Las Palmas
Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly
renovatedpatient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The
physicians, nurses andstaff at our 325-bed facility are committed
to caring for our community withcompassionate, quality
Benefits:We offeran excellent total compensation package, for
various positions includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. Webelieve in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Yourbenefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,tuition
reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk
toyou about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinical coordinator is responsible for the
supervision of dailyactivities of the unit and staff to assure
quality patient care and to coordinate the efforts of the staff in
order to meet the needs ofthe patients and customers. To provide
expert knowledge, leadership and education for the ICU Staff, to
develop educationalprograms to enhance the staffs knowledge of
current trends in nursing. To perform chart audits for
qualityimprovement of documentation and risk reduction, in order to
maintainand/or improve patient outcomes. Tocollaborate and assist
the Nursing Director in developing and implementingprojects that
enhances the overall quality of the unit. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides leadership and direction to all other disciplines
assigned to the health care team.
- Develop and maintain a training program to transition new
nurses into critical care areas.
- Facilitate orientation and preceptor program.
- Develop and implement annual competency program.
- Develop and implement annual Performance Improvement Program
and quarterly monitors and improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes TJC standards, AHA and AACN standards to assist in the
development and implementation of polices, procedures, protocols
and standards of care.
- Assist with the employee recruitment, orientation and mandatory
hospital educational programs
- Educates staff and physician on supply management/cost
- Works directly with vendors and staff to ensure appropriate
training and utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains clinical competencies and assists with patient care
- Other duties as assignedQualifications REQUIRED
- RN licensed in state of Texas or Compact State
- CCRN and TNCC
- CPI certificationREQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Associates or BSN required
- Education experience within the last 3 years preferred
- Clinical Experience within the last 5 years
- Supervisory or management experience preferredPREFERRED
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation experience/knowledge
- Effective communicationskills; both orally and written.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of current educational
theories and principles specific to adult learners
- Knowledge of organizational and program development within a
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects
- Interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with
individuals of diverse management hiera...
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!