RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Cath Lab Registered Nurse Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Womens Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
variouspositions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition
reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love totalk
to you about this fantastic opportunity. POSITION SUMMARY: The
Nurse provides directnursing care in accordance with established
policies and procedures of Del SolMedical Center and the Texas
Board of Nurse Examiners. The Nurse will assistthe Director in
providing nursing leadership and demonstrates competency
inleadership, supervision, and management of staff. The Nurse will
supervise and provide feedbackto the Director regarding patient
care and is a clinical role model. Incollaboration with the
patient, the patients family, and other members of thehealth care
team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates,
andcoordinates treatment plans. The Nursewill be cross-trained to
assist in EP LAB HRU, Cath lab, non-invasiveprocedures to include
EKG and stress testing. Core Competencies will be assessed in
accordance tothe units specific patient population served. On-call
- Demonstrates advanced levelof clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery ofquality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge andapplication of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizeschanges in the patients behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriateaction based on
- Utilizes professional skillsand judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperatesin the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains andprovides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care througheffective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patientcare and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.Ensures that consents, orders
and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient andfamily advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protectingconfidential information and
by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniquesand patient safety are
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Heart
recovery Unit and non-invasiveareas, assures charges are
completedeach day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical
needs are met.
- Plans and implementsdepartment inservice program.
- Assists Director with PIdata collection and report
- Assists Cardiovascular leadershipin daily assignments according
to competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications REQUIRED
- BasicCardiac Life Support
- AdvancedCardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire.
- RNlicensure in State of Texas or Compact State REQUIRED
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required. PREFERRED
EDUCATION,LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Reads and writes basic English with the skillsnecessary to
understand and transfer physicians orders and document in
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, withassistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond topatient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medicationdosages and
medications commonly used in critical care.
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Cath Lab Registered Nurse Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!