RN PACU FT Paso Del Norte Surgery Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 6, 2022
USPI Paso del Norte Surgery Center, is seeking a motivated RN
Pre-OP/PACU PRN to join our team. Paso Del Norte Surgery Center is
a fast-paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest
quality work and experience for patients and their families.
Specialty areas include Anesthesia, ENT, General, GI, Orthopedic,
OB/GYN, Pain Management, Plastic, Podiatry. Job Summary: The
Pre-Op/PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all physician
orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care
for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients'
condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all
times. Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care
to patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation.
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for discharge.
Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the
standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed
including the practices and records relating to the use and
disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Formulates and implements nursing philosophy and objectives
consistent with the stated goals of the Center.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures, and staffing
essential to the achievement of the philosophy and objectives of
the Center. Reviews and revises these in collaboration with the
Administrator, the nursing staff and the professional staff,
keeping up to date on current trends in nursing practice and
- Evaluates programs and patient care activities.
- Ensures continued compliance with government regulatory
agencies, i.e. HIPPA, the facilities accrediting organizational
standards, and AAAHC.
- Assures documentation of patient care meets criteria dictated
by legal practice, state, and federal health standards.
- Develops an organizational structure, assigning
responsibilities and delegating authority that shall facilitate
safe, effective, and efficient care for the patient.
- Provides leadership and support in developing and maintaining
effective relationships with the center staff and the medical
- Establishes, maintains, analyzes, and evaluates standards of
nursing care within the Pre-op and, PACU areas in compliance with
professional nursing standards.
- Prepares weekly and monthly nursing schedules.
- Initiates and / or supports activities to control costs.
- Reduces chance of nosocomial infection by directing attention
to infection control and environmental safety practices.
- Holds individual employees accountable for assigned
responsibilities, individual goals, and performance expectations
through annual performance evaluations and conferences.
- Establishes, maintains, and evaluates quality control studies
within the pre-operative and PACU areas in collaboration with the
Clinical Director and the Administrator to improve the services
these departments provide to others.
- Oversees the EDGE TM responsibilities of direct reports and
maintains own EDGE TM requirements.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance, and participates in emergency preparedness
- Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy and HIPPA regulations.
- Follows the Center's professional code of conduct and dress
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Pre-Op/PACU
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their
- Ability to care for patients with changing medical priorities
and ability to respond accordingly
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees.
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be
receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Previous experience working in an ambulatory surgical setting
preferred.Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Currently
licensed in Texas. CPR certification required. ACLS and PALS
certifications required within 6 months of hire. One year
experience required intra-operative setting. Demonstrates clinical
competency, leadership, and teaching capabilities. Physically and
emotionally capable of performing responsibilities of position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant s or employee s race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, El Paso , RN PACU FT Paso Del Norte Surgery Center, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!