MEDICAL ASSISTANT FT
Company: Legent Health
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionLegent Health is looking for Medical Assistant to
join our team. We seek talented partners transforming healthcare,
one patient at a time.Minimum Requirements
- Degree in medical assistance preferred or 2 years of MA
- Current and active CPR certification.
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for
health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
may also be required based on contract scope of services.
Compensation and Benefits
- COMPETITIVE PAY
- PTO Accrued
- 401KPosition SummaryThe Medical Assistant is responsible is
responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the
safety and well-being of all patients. The Medical Assistant will
perform preliminary physical tests such as: measuring blood
pressure, recording weight, temperature, pulse and respiration and
other measures as directed by established clinical
- Performs general patient care by following established
standards and procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
- Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to
blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight,
drug allergies, and current medications and presenting
- Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral,
injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients
and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform
routine tests such as EKGs.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to
ensure completion of testing.
- Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination
results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of
care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepares, cleans, and sterilizes instruments and maintains
equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to
- Prepare, restock, and disinfect examination rooms, procedure
rooms, lab area and all other patient care areas at scheduled
intervals and as needed.
- Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as
- Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy
- All other duties as assigned.*****LEGENT HEALTH PROVIDES
SERVICES THROUGHOUT THE TEXAS AND FLORIDA AREAS TO INCLUDE BUT NOT
LIMITED TO EL PASO, SAN ANTONIO, AUSTIN, PLANO, CARROLLTON, FRISCO,
HOUSTON, CONROE, TOMBALL, CORPUS CHRISTI, AND DELRAY BEACH *****
Legent Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. Legent Health participates in the E-Verify
program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Keywords: Legent Health, El Paso , MEDICAL ASSISTANT FT, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!