Certified Medical Assistant/Receptionist
Company: Atlantis Health Services
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $9.00 - $12.00 per hourMA Job Purpose: A
combination of clerical and administrative duties as a Medical
Assistant. MA Job Duties:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and
visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment
room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying the
provider of the patient's arrival.
- Answers patients' questions and concerns and maintains the
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and
retrieving patient records;
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and
updating personal and financial information;
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial
information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling
credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Provide educational information for consumers on any
medications (i.e. side effects, or what the medication is
- Excellent communication skills with Doctor's or physicians, to
complete assigned orders and expedite work results. Great clinical
insight and great communication with Medical Providers when in
doubt about client's conditions.
- Consumer's medication requests, titration or medication
discontinuation should be communicated with Medical Providers in
order to obtain indications on medical necessity for patient's
- For Suboxone: Make sure the consumer fills out necessary
- File any Lab Results that need to be filed as soon as they come
in. Labs will be filed in the correct chart & EHR software.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies;
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining the confidentiality of
personal and financial information;
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and
reporting needed changes. The following inquiries by consumers are
those that can be assisted with by MA : Provide information to
consumers that are found on EHR, such as:
- Consumer demographics
- Appointment information
- Status on prescription sent to the pharmacy
- Pharmacy on file for consumer.
- Medications prescribed by Provider.
- Refills are available and stated on the EHR profile.
- Confirmation on medical records received, completed, or
- Confirmation of active insurance.
- Confirmation on co-pays (transfer or inquire with billing). For
any further inquiries that require clinical recommendations or
confirmations, transfer or inquire with the Chief Medical Officer.
Skills/Qualifications: CCMA certified, CPR Certified, Verbal
Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Bilingual, Professionalism,
and Administrative Skills. At least 2 years of full-time MA
experience. The described schedule may change due to the need of
our patients and the Company. As required, this position will be
rotated among AHS clinics. Job Type: Full-time Pay: $9.00 - $12.00
Keywords: Atlantis Health Services, El Paso , Certified Medical Assistant/Receptionist, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!