Cardiovascular Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Cardiovascular Registered Nurse you want in your current
role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home,
at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is a part
of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsWe are committed to providing benefits that
matter to nurses. At Del Sol Medical Center, our benefits package
offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K -(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance -and -Reimbursements -for Tuition and
- Employee Discounts -including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, -Auto, and -Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term -& -Long Term Disability -coverage
- Adoption -Assistance
- Legal Benefits -and lots more!Do you want to work where you
have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the
care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are
many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice
councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of
distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family.
We partner with our Nurses at Del Sol Medical Center!Job Summary
and Qualifications POSITION SUMMARY: The Cardiovascular Nurse
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies and procedures of Las Palmas/Del Sol Medical Center and
the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The Cardiovascular Nurse will
supervise and provide feedback to the Director regarding patient
care and is a clinical role model. In collaboration with the
patient, the patient's family, and other members of the health care
team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and
coordinates treatment plans. The Cardiovascular Nurse will be
cross-trained to assist in the Hybrid OR, EP Lab, Heart Recovery,
Non-invasive procedures to include EKG and stress testing. On-Call
is required. Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to
the units' specific patient population served.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment, which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Hybrid
OR, Cath Lab, Heart recovery Unit, and non-invasive areas.
- Assures case charges are completed each day and ensures daily
departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care
of patients in the CVS departments on needed basis.
- Plans and implements department in-service program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONSBasic Cardiac Life Support
- Advance Cardiac Life support within 6 months of hire
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State
- REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered nurse PREFERRED
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders and document in medical
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and
medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification. is a full
service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a
Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds.
Our include emergency care, cardiac care, women's services, Level
III NICU, rehabilitation, a , and a Minimally Invasive Surgery
Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol
Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and
the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare. HCA
Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. -In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf this opportunity
is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply
for our Cardiovascular Registered Nurse opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of
our team. -We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Cardiovascular Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!