Cardiovascular Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Cardiovascular
Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what
matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every
stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join Del Sol Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsWe are
committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Del Sol
Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an
attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental
and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsDo you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at
the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of
human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to
have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory
councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn
from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our
Nurses at Del Sol Medical Center!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:The Cardiovascular Nurse provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and
procedures of Las Palmas/Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board
of Nurse Examiners. The Cardiovascular Nurse will supervise and
provide feedback to the Director regarding patient care and is a
clinical role model. In collaboration with the patient, the
patient's family, and other members of the health care team, the
clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates
treatment plans. The Cardiovascular Nurse will be cross-trained to
assist in the Hybrid OR, EP Lab, Heart Recovery, Non-invasive
procedures to include EKG and stress testing. On-Call is required.
Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units'
specific patient population served.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment, which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Hybrid
OR, Cath Lab, Heart recovery Unit, and non-invasive areas.
- Assures case charges are completed each day and ensures daily
departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care
of patients in the CVS departments on needed basis.
- Plans and implements department in-service program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report
generation.REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONSBasic Cardiac Life
- Advance Cardiac Life support within 6 months of hire
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State
- REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered nursePREFERRED
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders and document in medical
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and
medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification.Del Sol Medical
Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso,
Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has
300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care,
cardiac care, women's services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a
bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol
Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a
leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region
that is part of HCA Healthcare.HCA Healthcare has been named one of
the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over
a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiovascular
Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified
candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are
interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Cardiovascular Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!