Clinical Nurse RN Supervisor-NICU
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Posting Note: **Night Shift**Leadership/charge nurse & Level 3/4
NICU experience preferred.
The Clinical Supervisor coordinates shift operational flow in
conjunction with organizational and departmental strategic goals,
objectives, and standards and is the hospital's clinical
representative/resource for patients, families, and the healthcare
team, at both the unit and organization levels. This position
provides clinical leadership of patient care services and directs
supervision of nursing and support staff to ensure consistent
provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in
accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory, professional
standards and requirements. Provides clinical leadership with
accountability in promoting quality patient care and an engaging
work environment, during assigned shift.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.Position
- Coordinates/leads daily clinical operational activities of the
unit and organization by ensuring that quality family centered care
is delivered in an efficient work environment.
- Manages patient throughput - balances unit patient care
activities while overseeing the delivery of patient care,
coordinating admissions, discharges, transfers, and rounding daily
on patients and families.
- Oversees staffing processes - coordinates assignments using
established staffing levels that match individualized patient needs
with staff competencies, and staff skill mix through ongoing
assessment of patient and unit needs.
- Monitors unit environment - ensures that staff has the
supplies, equipment, information, and resources needed to provide
quality patient care in a safe work environment.
- Staffs, schedules, and appropriately uses nursing and support
- Documentation - updates scheduling, occurrence reports,
patient/family concerns, and quality indicators in the real time
environment maximizing resolution prior to the end of the
- Provides a report to the oncoming Clinical Supervisor or
designee including the status of patient throughput, staffing
processes, unit environment, schedules, occurrence reports,
patient/family concerns, and quality indicators.
- Collaborates with manager to lead, create, and maintain an
environment that advocates for staff and promotes individual/team
engagement through clinical/administrative expertise and
- Demonstrates and promotes clinical leadership - serves as a
clinical and systems expert with nursing and interdisciplinary team
members in the assessment, development, implementation, and
evaluation of the age-specific individualized
patient/family-centered plan of care and documented actions.
- Accountable for promoting a culture of learning resulting in
staff/team development and retention.
- Achieves department/organization outcomes - aligns and manages
to organization metrics.
- Identifies, facilitates, and leads department and organization
performance improvement projects that enhance patient care delivery
systems as well as staff, patient, family, and customer
- Ensures timely completion and investigation of occurrence
reports. Proactively identifies patient safety risks and
participates in risk avoidance strategies.
- Takes active interest and accountability for key operational
functions, including but not limited to, patient safety issues,
timely resolution of complaints, quality improvement initiatives,
survey preparation, and patient/family satisfaction follow-up.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate sound stewardship of financial
resources - collaborates with the team to meet
department/organization financial goals.
- Serves as daily operational resource to staff and in the
management of supplies and equipment.
- Takes personal responsibility to adhere to
department/organization policies and procedures, compliance and
regulatory agency requirements.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to develop, review,
revise and implement evidenced based policies and procedures on an
ongoing basis, to assure department consistency and compliance with
hospital standards/safety and accrediting bodies including: Joint
Commission, OSHA, HIPAA, Infection Control, Environment of Care,
National Patient Safety Goals. Understands the linkage between
department requirements and those of the integrated delivery
system. Develops risk reduction and error prevention strategies by
ensuring staff compliance with policy/procedures.
- Mentors staff to ensure the fundamental values of the American
Nurses Association Code of Ethics in nursing are operationalized
into daily clinical practice/teaching activities and work
- o 1-3: Establishes professional relationships with compassion
and respect for human dignity worth, and the uniqueness of
individuals, while demonstrating a primary commitment to the
patient in advocating for patient privacy, health, safety and
- o 4-6: Identifies the boundaries of the profession by accepting
responsibility and accountability for own activities for own
actions, delegating task appropriately to optimize patient care.
Maintains competence with continued pursuit of activities for
personal/professional growth. Influences the patient care/work
environment with the values of nursing to promote respectful
interactions, the promotion of safe practices, and creates a care
setting that expects high quality, compassionate nursing care.
- o 7-9: collaborates with all disciplines/the community in
promoting nursing excellence in meeting health care. Seeks
opportunities beyond patient care to advance profession by
involvement in developing, maintaining, implementing professional
standards through practice/education i.e. involvement with
internship programs, committees, awareness of broader healthcare
issues such as TJC National Patient Safety Goals, integrating
nursing values into daily practice (articulates and practices).
- Supports a work environment that focuses on staff, customer,
and patient/family through safe and effective communication.
- Develops leadership skills among staff including critical
thinking, problem solving, engagement, and career advancement.
- May participate in the hiring process - interview and
- Monitors staff performance and provides direction, coaching,
recognition, counseling, and disciplinary action as appropriate
utilizing just culture concepts/processes.
- Collaborates with other departments healthcare professional
team members to maintain effective communication channels by
gathering and exchanging information, obtaining solutions to
problems, and coordinating services to ensure optimal outcomes are
- Demonstrates the ability to lead decisions that reflect
organizational standards and values - utilizes the Shared
- Utilizes the chain of command to communicate in real time
patient care, staff, family, and visitor concerns and outcomes.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, El Paso , Clinical Nurse RN Supervisor-NICU, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!