Surgery Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Surgery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We
invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work,
and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity
for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is a part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsWe are committed to providing benefits that
matter to nurses. At Del Sol Medical Center, our benefits package
offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K -(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance -and -Reimbursements -for Tuition and
- Employee Discounts -including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, -Auto, and -Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term -& -Long Term Disability -coverage
- Adoption -Assistance
- Legal Benefits -and lots more!Do you want to work where you
have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the
care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are
many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice
councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of
distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family.
We partner with our Nurses at Del Sol Medical Center!Job Summary
POSITION SUMMARY: -To provide professional nursing care of patients
utilizing the nursing process as a circulating nurse in the
Operating Room. To collaborate with other members of the health
care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality
healthcare. Reports to the Charge Nurse.POPULATION SERVED: -Serves
all patients across the age continuum with the exception of
- Clinical Role Model -- Demonstrates an advanced level of
clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the
delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff
members and assists in necessary education of individual members of
the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality
of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
- Leadership -- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency
in leadership, supervision and management of staff. Assumes
responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions
during the designated shifts.
- Administrative -- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning,
organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and
productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit based on
Nursing and Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and
Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members
of the management team.
- Customer Service -- Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique
position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives
to exceed customer's needs.
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain
within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into OR)
- Current PALS certification must obtain within six (6) months
from date of hire or transfer into ORREQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum College Associate Degree or Diploma in
Nursing.PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE,
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- BSN preferred; -OR experience preferred.
- Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to
transfer physicians' orders.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
is a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We
have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient
beds. Our include emergency care, cardiac care, women's services,
Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a , and a Minimally Invasive
Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del
Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso
and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare. HCA
Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. -In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
Frist, Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf this opportunity is your next
step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Surgery
Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified
candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. -We are
interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Surgery Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!