Nurse Extern Telemetry PRN
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as a(an) Nurse Extern Telemetry PRN you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol
Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsWe are committed to
providing our employees with the support they need. At Del Sol
Medical Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues.
Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits -designed to meet the requirements of the
Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K -(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief SupportOur teams are a committed, caring group
of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Nurse Extern Telemetry
PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions
are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of
others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge
and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications The Nurse Extern PRN
position delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing
a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to
common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the
supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists
the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the
Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and
consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The Nurse
Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited
school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once
competency is achieved.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat
or ice, oxygen delivery, and venous compression devices.
- Performs non-medicated support tasks, including oral
suctioning, enema, catheterization and foley catheter removal,
drain maintenance, and basic wound care. Increases variety and
difficulty of tasks as competency is verified through nursing
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube
system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with patient/family/caregiver learning needs, abilities
and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as
language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's
plan of care.
- Translates complex medical terminology to ensure
patients/families/caregivers understand patient medical condition,
patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side
effects, and follow-up measures.
- Educates patients/families/caregivers on healthy diet and
exercise, disease prevention, and/or lifestyle changes that may be
needed once a patient leaves the hospital. Prepares patients and
families/caregivers for future self-management.
- Provides teaching material as needed (pamphlets, video, etc.)
to enhance understanding. Documents each teaching episode.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including greeting customers,
filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying
- Prepares and maintains chart, MAR and Kardex on each patient
admitted. Adds documentation forms to chart as needed. Ensures each
form is properly labeled.
- Assists provider in obtaining medical records and diagnostic
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school
of Nursing - Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - Required
- 1+ year(s) of nursing school completed - Preferred -is a full
service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a
Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds.
Our include emergency care, cardiac care, women's services, Level
III NICU, rehabilitation, a , and a Minimally Invasive Surgery
Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol
Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and
the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare. HCA
Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. -In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf you are looking
for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth,
we encourage you to apply for our Nurse Extern Telemetry PRN
opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. -Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Nurse Extern Telemetry PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!