RRT, 13-Week Contract (Rotating)
Company: University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC of El Pa
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description: A Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner,
under the direction of the specified Shift RC Supervisor,
Administrative and Medical Director is responsible for the
assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation
and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the
pulmonary system. The Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner uses
medical gases and administration apparatus, ventilatory support,
humidification, aerosols, medication, broncho-pulmonary drainage,
cardiopulmonary resuscitation and airway management in the
therapeutic support of the patient. Specific techniques may also
include; measurement of ventilatory volumes, pressures, flows,
airway care, trach changes, suctioning, sputum collection, arterial
puncture and blood gas analysis. Provides care to patients of
varying ages with age related needs. This is a critical care
position, may be assigned to any critical care unit. No immediate
supervision is required and must be able to function independently
with minimal to no supervision. Contributes to the provision of
quality care through performance improvement techniques that
demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. Required Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of routine and critical procedures with
critical thinking skills for both adults, pediatric, and neonatal
- Thorough knowledge of Respiratory physiology and ability to
practice good judgment in the implementation of clinical
interventions indicated by the patient status.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to
follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Required Experience: Work Experience: Experience in adult,
pediatric and neonatal respiratory care procedures preferred.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current Texas Respiratory Care License.
- Current CPR Certification.
- ACLS Certification within one year of being in the
- Education and Training: Graduate of an AMA approved school for
Keywords: University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC of El Pa, El Paso , RRT, 13-Week Contract (Rotating), Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!