RN II; CF
Company: University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC of El Pa
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description: Responsible for the delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning,
implementation, and evaluation at a Correctional Facility.
Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for
patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization's vision and
mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity
in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of
quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques
that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. Required
Skills: 1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to
follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Required Experience: A. Work Experience
One or more years of hospital based acute care experience,
preferably in a correctional facility. B.
1. Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas
2. CPR Training Program for licensed nurses working with adult and
pediatric patient populations.
3. PALS, ACLS and TNCC or ATCN required for ED. C. Education and
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
2. Meets unit-specific education requirements.
3. Completion of the yearly Skin Inspector Training.
4. Completion of the on-line Preceptor Course
5. Completion of UMC's Preceptor Course
6. Completion of Charge Nurse Course (if applicable)
7. Completion of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) class for ICU
Keywords: University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC of El Pa, El Paso , RN II; CF, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!