Rehabilitation Registered Nurse PRN
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionAbout Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol
Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the
surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East
El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services,
we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our
tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology,
Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of
Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma
Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The
physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed
to providing the highest quality care with compassion and
integrity.Benefits: PRNWe offer an excellent total compensation
package, for various positions including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits
include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity.POSITION SUMMARY:To provide
professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing
process. To collaborate with other members of the health care
delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Knowledge of rehabilitation nursing skills
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Successfully passes an annual Functional Independence Measure
credentialing examination with a score above 80%.
- Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
PREFERRED:REQUIREDMinimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in
Nursing, or BSN.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BCLS certification.EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR
PREFERRED:PREFERREDAttainment of CRRN or within two years working
on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit the nurse will take and pass
the Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse examination.SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:PREFERRED
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transfer physician's orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Uses the FIM instrument to assess patient functional level of
independence throughout the rehabilitation program.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Rehabilitation Registered Nurse PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!