Phlebotomist II, Relief (Day)
Company: University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC of El Pa
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Description: The Phlebotomist collects patient specimens,
performs venous and capillary punctures, processes specimens for
analysis. Handles telephone request or inquiries, provides
instructions to clients and patients regarding specimen collection.
Enters test orders from paper requisitions into the Laboratory
System. Performs waived testing as requested. Required Skills:
- Basic knowledge in the use of computers.
- Knowledge of circulatory system and blood composition.
- Knowledge and ability to understand medical terminology.
- Ability to apply venipuncture and capillary techniques
- Knowledge of processes related to handling, transporting and
processing laboratory specimens.
- Knowledge and processes associated with waived testing.
- Knowledge of blood and non-blood specimen collection
- Ability to adhere to safety, quality assurance/control and
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Required
Experience: Work Experience: One year of phlebotomy experience
preferred. License/Registration/Certification: None. Education and
Training: High School diploma or equivalent education required.
Phlebotomist or Medical Assistant certificate of course completion
Keywords: University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC of El Pa, El Paso , Phlebotomist II, Relief (Day), Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!