ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical Center Since 1974, Del SolMedical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surroundingregion.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
IITrauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services tomeet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertisein Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center ofExcellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, anda newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
andstaff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest qualitycare with compassion and integrity.
Benefits: We offeran excellent total compensation package, for
various positions includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. We believein our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefitsinclude 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuitionreimbursement, employee discount program, and employeestock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this
POSITIONSUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the unit Director
ordesignee, the Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility for the
direction andcoordination of all functions in the unit, in
collaboration with the Directoror in the absence of the Director.
In collaboration with other members of themanagement team, the
Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the ongoingassessment of
the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
Theclinical coordinator also collaborates with the Director
regarding budgetaryand strategic planning opportunities for
improvement. The Clinical Coordinator assists the Director
inproviding nursing leadership to the unit and overseeing the
clinical operationsof the unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of
clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the
delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff
members and assists in necessary education of individual members of
the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided for the unit, in collaboration with the Director.
- Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency
in leadership, supervision, and management of staff. Assumes
responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in
the absence of the Director.
- Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning,
organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective
and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
Plays an active role in scheduling and ensuring the needs are met
for the unit in terms of staffing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and
preferred separately) REQUIRED
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- CCRN PREFERRED
- NPR Preferred
- TNCC Preferred EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: REQUIRED
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: PREFERRED
- 2 years of critical care experience.
- CCRN, TNCC
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: PREFERRED
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transfer physician s orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Acute Care Experience Notice Our Company s recruiters are here
to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take
your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, care unit, domiciliary,
intensive care, mhb, neonatal, surgical, unit
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!