Cath Lab Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women s Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the
only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas
Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated
patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring
for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. BENEFITS:
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity. POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse provides direct nursing
care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Del
Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The
Nurse will assist the Director in providing nursing leadership and
demonstrates competency in leadership, supervision, and management
of staff. The Nurse will supervise and provide feedback to the
Director regarding patient care and is a clinical role model. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient s family, and other
members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans,
implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Nurse
will be cross-trained to assist in EP LAB HRU, Cath lab,
non-invasive procedures to include EKG and stress testing. Core
Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units specific
patient population served. On-call is required ESSENTIAL
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient s behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient s right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Heart
recovery Unit and non-invasive areas, assures charges are completed
each day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are
- Plans and implements department inservice program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report
- Assists Cardiovascular leadership in daily assignments
according to competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire.
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State REQUIRED
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required. PREFERRED EDUCATION,
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician s orders and document in medical
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and
medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification. Notice Our
Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, let us know by clicking here .For questions
about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers
at 1-844-###-#### option 1. Associated topics: ambulatory,
cardiothoracic, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, maternal, nurse,
psychatric, registed, tcu
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Cath Lab Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!