Transport Flight Registered Nurse PRN
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Las Palmas
Las Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room
III Trauma), Cardiology, Women?s Services, Labor & Delivery,
Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with
patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our
compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total
compensation package, for various positions including competitive
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and
your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program,
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this
POSITION SUMMARY:-- Responsible for the assessment, treatment,
management, control, diagnostic evaluation, and care of patients
transport process under the direction of Director, Administrative
Medical Director of the transport team. Collaborates with other
to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the
desired patient outcomes and can function autonomously in an
role with responsibilities in the areas of clinical care,
education, consultation and research. Contributes to the provision
care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate
outcomes in patient care.
management in the development of systems, processes and programs to
quality of patient care and increase nursing efficiency throughout
process. Develops, coordinates, and monitors unit preceptor program
collaboration with transport team administration.
comprehensive nursing care of a critically ill neonate, infant,
and/or maternal patient in the transport environment using
Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanically ventilated patients
the administration of respiratory care treatments.
- Completes admission interview/assessment accurately upon
arrival at the referring facility.
- Documents patient assessment consistently, completely and
- Formulates nursing diagnosis, evaluates outcome, revises care
and summarizes rationale behind nursing interventions based on
- Safely and correctly administers medications and IV
- Carries out appropriate interventions based on identified
changes in patient condition.
- Evaluates plan of care to determine need for modification.
- Integrates available resources into patient plan of care.
- Provides clinical support to referring hospital staff.
- Interacts effectively with team members.
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the LPDS
Healthcare Pediatric Intensivist, Neonatologist and MFM throughout
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the nursing staff
and physicians of all referring facilities.
- Provides a call back to each referring facility after each
transport to update the staff, physician, as well as the family of
- Assists in weekly follow up of each patient transported to the
referring facilities and physicians.Technical/skill requirements
specific to the transport environment:
- Assumes responsibility for the procurement and maintenance of
transport supplies and equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for communicating with the referring
facility and the physician on call to decide, based on
predetermined guidelines, the mode of transport- ground or
- Maintains competency in usage of all transport related
equipment and supplies.
- Maintains competency concerning all protocols for ground and
- Maintains competency (biannually) in ambulance, helicopter, and
fixed wing aircraft safety as well as--competency caring for
patients in those environments.
- Assumes responsibility for knowing all transport protocols and
is able to independently manage the care of the transported
neonatal, infant, pediatric and maternal based on these medical
- Functions as a team leader in the absence of a MD and
coordinates care. The transport nurse is also responsible for
setting the example and fostering an environment of teamwork--
within the group of team members present to include RN, RT, MD,
ambulance staff, helicopter staff, and referring facility
- As a member of the team, the transport nurse may be required to
be ?on call? as needed to ensure adequate transport coverage.
- Maintains competency and trains team leaders to perform in
house transports: CT, MRI, UGI, etc..
- Maintains competency in attending high-risk deliveries.
- Performs therapeutic procedures utilizing expanded skills as
per protocols and competency-based
- Participates in outreach education.-- Actively participates in
teaching opportunities and/or supports team members who choose to
teach within the program or community.
- Participates in education/orientation of new transport team
members, unit team leaders, and units as needed
- Functions as a resource for the NICU, PICU, L&D, and
- Incorporates new educational information into daily care.
- Assists in the identification of educational needs of
- Teaches, support, and nurtures new employees to afford every
opportunity for success of the individual and the program.
- Maintains NRP, PALS, ACLS and BLS certification, STABLE, and
Critical Care Certifications
- Maintains current and in depth knowledge of neonatal, PICU and
maternal standards of practice and all transport protocols.
- Completes unit specific and transport team specific competency
- Recognizes quality assurance as a tool for improving patient
care and documentation
- Participates in quality assurance activities related to
transports by collecting and analyzing QI data.
- Demonstrates understanding of policies/procedures by
incorporating these into patient care
Licensed as RN to
practice in the state of Texas
ENPC-- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course; 1 year
grace from date of hire/transfer
TNCC Trauma Nursing Core
Course; 1 year grace from date of hire/transfer
NRP------ Neonate Resuscitate
C-NPT Neo Ped Transport;
24 months grace from date of hire/transfer
Diploma, Associate or
Three years? experience as a Registered Nurse in
Neonatal, Pediatric, Adult, and/or Emergency Critical
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Critical Care Transport
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Reads and writes Basic
Ability to move in
excess of 50 pounds with assistance from staff.
Ability to listen,
empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external
managerial and employee needs.
Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Transport Flight Registered Nurse PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!