Telemetry Supervisor Registered Nurse
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Women?s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the unit
Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for
direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her
designated shifts.-- In collaboration with other members of the
management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing
assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in
unit.-- The Charge Nurse also provides feedback to the nursing
director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning
opportunities for improvement.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following
patient population(s) served:-- Acute medical/surgical care of
diseases and conditions including but not limited to:
cardiovascular (cardiac medical only) pulmonary, neuro, GI, GU,
skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho conditions and diseases including
but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, shock, renal
failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
for Neuroscience patients of appropriate ages in each assigned
areas; i.e. craniotomies, pituitary surgical patients, ischemic
stoke classification, VP shunts and cervical and lumber
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient?s
behavioral, neurological and physiological status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including
orientation, professional development.
- Provides for the processing of patients transitions thru
department, and movement of patients to other levels of care; i.e.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the
department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs. Will
need 10 hours of stroke education per year.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Specializes in the care of patient?s with biopsychosocial
alteration due to nervous system dysfunction.
- Responsible for maintaining and meeting AANN and JCAHO
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of
Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- ACLS (employee will have 30 days to renew certifications upon
returning from a LOA) new nurses have up to 6 months to obtain
- --RN licensed in State of Texas or compact State Nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care, Med-Surg.
- TNCC and PCRN certification.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and
- Computer skills; i.e. word processing systems used by Las
Palmas Medical Center.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality
- Strong problem solving skills (Critical Thinking
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
- Knowledge of general hospital operations.
Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Telemetry Supervisor Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!