Cath Lab Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Women?s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, --and Wound Care Management.
Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center
in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
The Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies and procedures of Del Sol Medical Center and
the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The Nurse will assist the
Director in providing nursing leadership and demonstrates
competency in leadership, supervision, and management of staff.
--The Nurse will supervise and provide feedback to the Director
regarding patient care and is a clinical role model. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient?s family, and other
members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans,
implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Nurse
will be cross-trained to assist in EP LAB HRU, Cath lab,
non-invasive procedures to include EKG and stress testing. Core
Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units? specific
patient population served. On-call is required
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient?s behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient?s right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Heart
recovery Unit and non-invasive areas, assures charges are completed
each day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are
- Plans and implements department inservice program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report
- Assists Cardiovascular leadership in daily assignments
according to competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire.
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required.
--PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE,
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
--Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician?s orders and document in medical
- --Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- --Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family
and external partners needs.
- --Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and
medications commonly used in critical care.
- --Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification.
Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Cath Lab Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!