Pre-Op Registered Nurse
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women s Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the
only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas
Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated
patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring
for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. BENEFITS:
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity. POSITION SUMMARY: The Outpatient Staff RN provides
direct nursing care in the Perioperative Service setting, which
includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding. This is
in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las
Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient s family and other
members of the health care team, the clinical Outpatient Staff RN
assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment
plans. The Outpatient Staff RN will assess the patient prior to
surgery, verify doctor orders are implemented as applicable, verify
informed consent is complete, and complete the documentation. The
Outpatient Staff RN will provide professional nursing care to
patient utilizing the nursing process. The Outpatient Staff RN is
responsible for Pre and Post procedure patient and family
education. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Outpatient Staff RN demonstrates knowledge and application
of the nursing process for the Perioperative Service setting, which
includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN monitors and recognizes changes in the
patient s behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate
action based on assessment.
- The Outpatient Staff RN utilizes professional skills and
judgment in delivering and /or delegating care for a group of
- The Outpatient Staff RN assesses patients of all ages in the
Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day
of Surgery and O.R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN prepares patients pre-operatively for
procedures per protocol.
- The Outpatient Staff RN anticipates and recognizes potential
complications and acts appropriately.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to complete and properly document
all required Pre-procedure process for each patient presenting to
the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment,
Day of Surgery and O. R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to assess patient safety risks and
to maintain patient safety during the Perioperative process in each
area of the Perioperative Service setting, which includes
Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O. R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to provide Pre- and Post procedure
instructions to patient and family.
- The Outpatient Staff RN meets Job Specific Competencies.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Licensure that allows the practice ofprofessional nursing in
the State of Texas.
- ACLS (6 months from hire date for GN s) REQUIRED
- 1-2 years prior nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communicationskills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 poundswith assistance from
- Ability to work within a team to ensurequality patient
- Strong interpersonal and problem solvingskills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability toprioritize needs
- Basic computer skills needed. PREFERRED EDUCATION,LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Specialty certifiction/Training asappropriate
- Able to recognize and treat dysrhythmias.
- Prefer One-year prior Perioperative setting nurse
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care unit, domiciliary,
intensive care unit, nurse clinical, recovery, registed, surgery,
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Pre-Op Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!