Ortho Neuro RN PRN
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Del Sol Medical Center Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
Benefits: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include
participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to
do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of
the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver
quality health care. POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be
assessed primarily on the following patient populations served:
Orthopedic and spine surgeries including but not limited to joint
replacements, spinal fusions, laminectomies, neurological
conditions, trauma and Offsite cardiac monitoring. ESSENTIAL
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Understands and is proficient at research and evidence based
practice for quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of stabilization and assessment of the
trauma, orthopedic, neurosurgical, stroke and brain injured
patient; takes appropriate actions based on assessment of the
- Understands and is proficient at providing orthopedic care;
such as but not limited to caring for patients with total joints,
spines, trauma, sports injury, and neurological systems injuries.
Must be proficient and able to provide pain management, ambulation,
positioning, assessment, wound care and use of equipment for
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding cardiac rhythms and intervenes
- Other RN duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in Texas--Required
- BCLS certified--Required
- *ACLS certified--Required *Note: ACLS needs to be completed
within 6 month after hire date EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Nursing Science-Preferred
- Associates degree or Diploma in Nursing--Required
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years of Medical Nursing or Orthopedic Nursing
- Medical Surgical ANCC Certification or ANCC Orthopedic Nurse
- Reads and writes basic English--Required
- Effective communication skills, both oral and
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partner needs.--Required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency--Required
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here . For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Ortho Neuro RN PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!