RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Patient Care Tech PCT Rehab Nursing J
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services andspecial expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology,Womens Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience,Pediatric care, and
Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is alsothe only
Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas
RehabilitationHospital is a separate facility with newly renovated
patient rooms, exerciseequipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 325-bedfacility are committed to caring for
our community with compassionate, qualityhealthcare.
Benefits We offeran excellent total compensation package, for
various positions includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. Webelieve in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Yourbenefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock
purchaseprogram. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity. Position Summary The PatientCare Technician (PCT)
delivers high quality, patient-centered care byperforming a variety
of delegated basic patient care services related to commonnursing
functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of
theregistered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in
providing patientcare in accordance with the PCTs skills/training
and the needs of theDepartment, and consistently assists the
patient care team with maintaining aclean, well-organized, and safe
patient care environment. The PCT complies withall hospital
policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing
rulesfor unlicensed personnel. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat
or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube
system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and
relaying messages. Service
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and
advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all
decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active
listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a
clear understanding of all communications.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the
patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication
fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an ...
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Patient Care Tech PCT Rehab Nursing J, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!