Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / MD/DO - Family Pract
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician - BE/BC
All-America City ranked among safest in the US...
The Setting - El Paso, TX
El Paso is situated in the far western corner of the state of
Texas. El Paso stands on the Rio Grande, across the border from
Ciudad Jua rez, Chihuahua, Mexico. The two cities, along with Las
Cruces (in the neighboring state of New Mexico), form a combined
international metropolitan area, sometimes referred as the Paso del
Norte or El Paso Jua rez Las Cruces. The region of over 2.7 million
people constitutes the largest bilingual-binational work force in
the Western Hemisphere. In 2010, El Paso received an All-America
City Award. El Paso has been ranked the safest large city in the
U.S. for four consecutive years and ranked in the top three since
1997. The city is the headquarters of one Fortune 500 and three
publicly traded companies, as well as home to the Medical Center of
the Americas, the only medical research and care provider complex
in West Texas and southern New Mexico, and the University of Texas
at El Paso, the city's primary university. The city hosts the
annual Sun Bowl, the second oldest bowl game in the country.
El Paso has a strong federal and military presence. William
Beaumont Army Medical Center, Biggs Army Airfield and Fort Bliss
call the city home. Fort Bliss is one of the largest military
complexes of the United States Army and the largest training area
in the United States. Also headquartered in El Paso are the DEA
domestic field division 7, El Paso Intelligence Center, Joint Task
Force North, U.S. Border Patrol El Paso Sector and U.S. Border
Patrol Special Operations Group (SOG).
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Perform all procedures commonly performed by medical
practitioners in their specific specialty and level of licensing
and for which privileges have been granted.
- Provide medical examination, care, and treatment to service
members. Review medical histories and progress of service members.
Examine service members, make diagnosis of disease, disaster, or
injury, and treat service member or prescribe a course of
treatment. Abide by all facility rules, regulations, and
- Initiate requests for tests, x-rays, and admissions to the
medical treatment facility, as appropriate.
- Follow-up on abnormal reports. Abnormal x-ray and lab reports
received on service members seen by HCP shall be reviewed by the
HCP at the time these reports are available for review. Each report
shall be reviewed within one week of its receipt.
- Prescribe medications, as appropriate, in accordance with the
privileges and CRC rules and regulations.
- Seek advice of consultants when appropriate.
- Facilitate service member access to medical care by
recommending appropriate referrals to other HCPs in accordance with
CRC policies and regulations.
- Prepare and document appropriate history physical examinations,
and diagnosis. Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in
accordance with applicable directives and prepare such records and
reports as may be required. Ensure all documentation and reports
are legible and complete.
- Utilize paraprofessional staff as appropriate.
- Respond to cardiopulmonary arrest as appropriate.
- Advise the Medical Commander of the CRC clinic where contracted
services are being provided of any problems encountered or
anticipated in connection with meeting the needs of service members
treated. Continuing problems of any nature shall be reported by the
Contractor in writing to the COR.
- Attend and participate in service member care reports, service
member care conferences, team conferences, professional staff
conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to
the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to
his/her assigned cases and/or performance of contract services as
determined by the COR or Department Chief.
- Adhere to the Center for Disease Control guidelines concerning
universal precautions and the CRC Infection Control Program at all
times while providing services under this contract.
- Perform all duties in such a manner that they meet all Joint
- Indicate responsibility for the contents and accuracy of all
prepared reports/forms by signing all such documents/records.
- Complete each outpatient encounter in AHLTA at the end of each
day or within 72 hours and appropriately close the record.
- Must be a Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy trained in the
practice of medicine and in possession of a current, unrestricted
license to practice medicine in any of the fifty United States, the
District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the
US Virgin Islands. Graduates of foreign medical schools are
required to possess both a medical license and other certification
by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
or 5th Pathway.
- Must be board eligible or board certified by the American Board
of Family Medicine or other equal certifying body.
- Must possess a current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Registration certificate and a National Provider Identifier
- Must possess a minimum of two years' experience within the last
two years working as a full-time physician, and which enables
him/her to perform the specific tasks listed for this specialty.
Residency training counts as experience.
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification as certified by the American Heart Association Basic
Life Support for Healthcare Providers which is the only program
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, El Paso , Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / MD/DO - Family Pract, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!