Ambulatory Service Unit RN
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service,
acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma
designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our
services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a
newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing
the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program. We would love to talk to
you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of
the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver
quality health care. POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be
assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served:
All ages across the age continuum with the exception of neonates.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED
AND/OR PREFERRED: REQUIRED
- Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BCLS certification.
- ACLS/PALS certification current or obtained within one year of
employment or transfer into unit. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous experience in ambulatory services, surgical, recovery,
or critical care area. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: PREFERRED
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transfer physician-'s orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.Notice Our Company-'s recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Ambulatory Service Unit RN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!