Endoscopy Registered Nurse
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women-'s Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the
only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas
Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated
patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring
for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. Benefits
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care
in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las
Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other
members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans,
implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans to meet the
needs of the endoscopy schedule, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist
patient and staff needs. The Endoscopy RN collaborates with other
members of the healthcare delivery team including physicians to
deliver quality health care; provides professional nursing care to
patients utilizing nursing process; practices, develops and
endorses customer service skills in relationship with all internal
and external customers; participates and cooperates in the unit
Quality Improvement processes, supports, maintains and provides an
environment which is supportive of quality patient care through
effective use of resources and personal; serves as the patient and
family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by
protecting confidential information; plans and implements patient
care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the
patient; evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychological status, takes
appropriate action based on the assessment of the patient ESSENTIAL
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
for Endoscopy patients of all ages in each assigned area.
- Nurse provides leadership and direction to all disciplines
assigned to the health care team
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of
- Assist in the Performance Improvement activities of the
- Endoscopy RN demonstrates knowledge and application of the
nursing process related in the admitting, intraprocedure and
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes the appropriate action based on
assessment when administer, monitor, and recover patients involving
the use of conscious sedation
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment to coordinate cases
for the Endoscopy unit: assigning patients and appropriate staff to
procedure rooms; accommodate physicians with preferred times;
problem solve scheduling issues with add-ons, staff
changes/shortages, and patient issues.
- Educates the patient/family based on individuals needs
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Maintains patient privacy at all times.
- Assist physicians with specific Endoscopy procedures according
- Has the ability to use all the equipment in the endoscopy unit
in a proficient and safe manner.
- Logs in the unit pertinent data in the log book completely,
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with OR, Radiology and with other staff members to
facilitate the management of the day's schedule cases.
- Is responsible for following the hospital and unit policies and
- Provides care for endoscopy outpatients, bedside ER, ICU, PICU
- Responsible for meeting SGNA and JCAHO standards
- Attends and participates in unit meetings, if not in attendance
is responsible for reading the minutes of the meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications REQUIRED
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in
the state of Texas.
- ACLS (with exception of GN , 6 months from DOH)
- Conscious sedation certification (3 months from DOH)
- 1-2 years nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from
- Ability to manage a team and work within a tam to ensure
quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs
- Basic computer skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Preferred experience in Endoscopy
- Specialty certification as appropriate
- Able to recognize Cardiac DysrhythmiasNotice Our Company-'s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Endoscopy Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!