Pediatric Anesthesiologist (Open Rank) (Physician #)
Company: Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 14, 2020
The Paul L. Foster School of Medicine (PLFSOM) at Texas Tech
University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) is
seeking a pediatric fellowship-trained anesthesiologist to serve as
a Pediatric Anesthesiologist in the Department of Anesthesiology .
The new faculty will be at the instructor level or higher with
direct reporting to the Department Chair of Anesthesiology. The
Pediatric Anesthesiologist will develop a vision for excellence in
teaching, research, and delivery of clinical services for the
department. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
The Department of Anesthesiology is recognized as a top-ranked
specialty service and a local and regional leader in anesthesiology
education and perioperative scientific research. The Department is
supported by four board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists and a
pool of 15 CRNAs who perform over 5,000 pediatric anesthesia cases
annually. Inpatient services are provided at the university's
hospital partner, El Paso Children's Hospital, a full-service,
122-bed academic teaching hospital that features a state-of-the-art
environment entirely designed for children and a Level IV NICU.
Additionally, the anesthesiologists support five operating rooms,
an MRI suite, and four non-operating sites including endoscopy,
cardiac catheterization laboratory, EPS laboratory, and radiation
oncology at neighboring Texas Oncology. El Paso consistently ranks
as one of the safest, fastest growing, and best places to live in
the United States. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who
desires to build and develop an already clinically excellent
department into a well-rounded academic department within a young
and expanding medical school. POSITION SUMMARY:
- Provides patient care, clinical anesthesia, supervision of
CRNAs and other trainees.
- Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance
registrations, hospital privileges, and third payer enrollments in
- Supervises residents, participates in teaching activities for
medical students and/or residents.
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities in the
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations.
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L.
Foster School of Medicine's declarations of Faculty Professional
Responsibility. The Candidate:
- MD/DO degree or equivalent.
- Texas medical license or eligibility for Texas medical
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency in
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited fellowship in pediatric
- Board certification by the American Board of
- Completion of fellowship training in pediatrics.
- Experience in teaching students and residents. COMMUNITY
HIGHLIGHTS: El Paso has consecutively been ranked in the Top 10
Safest Metro Cities by SafeWise for over 10 years. El Paso's cost
of living is lower than the national average, and is one of the
most affordable places to live in Texas. The All-America City
finalist designation is given for a city's civic engagement,
collaboration, inclusiveness, and innovation. El Paso has received
several accolades, including:
- One of the Best Overall Places to Live, U.S. News and World
- All-America City 4 years in a row, National Civic League,
- Top 28 Friendliest Neighborhoods, National Geographic,
- #5 America's Best Small Cities, Resonance Consulting, 2018
- #1 Lowest Cost of Living, Forbes Magazine, 2018
- Top Retirement Destination for Downtown Living, Where to
- #24 Cities with the Best Work-Life Balance, SmartAsset, 2018
How to Apply + Information About This Opportunity: For confidential
consideration, along with additional information about this
opportunity or to refer a qualified candidate, please email a
current CV to: Elaine Auerbach
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: [Click Here to Apply] - Direct
Email: [Click Here to Apply] or [Click Here to Apply] Salary is
commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive
benefits package is included. As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech
University System and its components will not discriminate in our
employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information or status as a protected veteran. Keyphrases:
anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiologist jobs, pediatrics jobs, dental
anesthesiologist jobs, pediatric anesthesiologist jobs, nurse
anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiology nurse jobs, dental
anesthesiology jobs, pediatric anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiology
pediatric jobs, anesthesiologist pediatric jobs
Keywords: Kaye/Bassman International Corp., El Paso , Pediatric Anesthesiologist (Open Rank) (Physician #), Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!