RN / NICU / Texas / Permanent / FSED Registered Nurse - Horizon Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
BENEFITS:We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk
to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of
the health care delivery team including physicians to deliver
quality health care. POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be
assessed primarily on the following patient population served:
Triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for
emergency care for all body systems, conditions, and diseases
including but not limited to: coronary, pulmonary, neurological,
skeletal-muscular, gastro intestinal, metabolic, gastro
urinary/renal, gynecological, integumentary, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Accompanies Level 1 Trauma patients transported to University
Hospital in accordance with physician orders.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact staterequired
- BCLS Required
- ACLS and PALS certification required (Applicable toFSED)
- Those candidates with no recent ED experience or GNswill have 6
months after hire to complete ACLS and PALS
- TNCC required within 12 months of employment ortransfer to the
- Successful completion of triage trainingwithin one year of
- Diploma, ADN or BSN
- 1 Year ED Experience required (Applicable to FSED) PREFERRED
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- BSN preferred
- Certified Emergency Nurse
- Acute care experience
- Pre-hospital experience
- Minimum 2 yrs. emergency department experience
- Medical surgical nursing experience
- Reads and writes Basic English with skills tointerpret and
execute physician orders required
- Ability to listen empathize and respond to patient,family,
internal and external partner needs Notice Our Company's recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking .For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / NICU / Texas / Permanent / FSED Registered Nurse - Horizon Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!