Ortho/Neuro Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 10, 2020
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute
care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in
Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the
growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III
NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic,
a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed
Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our
350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality
care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk
to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of
the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver
quality health care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on
the following patient populations served: Orthopedic and spine
surgeries including but not limited to joint replacements, spinal
fusions, laminectomies, neurological conditions, trauma and Offsite
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes
changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate
action based on assessment of the patient.
* Understands and is proficient at research and evidence based
practice for quality patient outcomes.
* Demonstrate knowledge of stabilization and assessment of the
trauma, orthopedic, neurosurgical, stroke and brain injured
patient; takes appropriate actions based on assessment of the
* Understands and is proficient at providing orthopedic care; such
as but not limited to caring for patients with total joints,
spines, trauma, sports injury, and neurological systems injuries.
Must be proficient and able to provide pain management, ambulation,
positioning, assessment, wound care and use of equipment for
* Demonstrates knowledge regarding cardiac rhythms and intervenes
* Other RN duties as assigned.
* Current RN licensure in Texas--Required
* BCLS certified--Required
* *ACLS certified--Required
* Note: ACLS needs to be completed within 6 month after hire
* Bachelors in Nursing Science-Preferred
* Associates degree or Diploma in Nursing--Required
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* 2 years of Medical Nursing or Orthopedic Nursing
* Medical Surgical ANCC Certification or ANCC Orthopedic Nurse
* Reads and writes basic English--Required
* Effective communication skills, both oral and
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partner needs.--Required
* Basic computer skills and proficiency--Required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Ortho/Neuro Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!