Quality Clinical Coordinator RN
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 10, 2020
SHIFT: No Weekends
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute
care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in
Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the
growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III
NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic,
a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are
committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk
to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists/supports the Quality Management Director
by development and coordination of Clinical Quality Improvement
Activities related primarily to Core Measures and selected Patient
* Assists the Quality Management Director in implementation of the
hospital-wide Quality/Performance Improvement
* Works with Medical Staff leadership.
* Assists the Quality Management Director in identifying and
developing organizational improvement opportunities
* while looking at specific clinical outcomes.
* Works with Quality Management Staff to ensure effective and
timely chart reviews/audit processes according to
* Corporate, Regulatory, and State Requirements.
* Perform specific Clinical Case Management in conjunction with the
Hospital Quality Alliance, Core Measures, IHI 5 Million Lives,
Leapfrog, and Patient Safety Improvement Initiatives.
* Participates in education of hospital and medical staff in the
performance improvement program/methodology and
* current Core Measures and selected Patient Safety
* Promotes positive Customer Service with Internal and External
* Actively participates or leads Quality/Performance Improvement
Teams as needed.
* Calls physicians to get orders and documents tests and retrieves
information from Computer System to supplement
* documentation in the Medical Record.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Must be RN. BSN required. MSN preferred.
Must be licensed in the State of Texas. CPHQ preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
3 or more years recent clinical experience required.
Education experience within the last 3 years preferred.
Experience in Quality Management preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to change readily
and function in a professional manner.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) to
interact effectively with individuals of diverse management
hierarchies and cultural backgrounds are essential.
* Current computer skills, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets,
and presentation software are essential.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Knowledge of Joint Commission standards and the accreditation
* Knowledge of data collection methods.
* Ability to understand clinical criteria and outcome criteria.
* Demonstrated ability with problem-solving, decision-making,
priority setting, time-management, and organization.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Quality Clinical Coordinator RN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!