RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Med/Surg Telemetry Supervisor Registerd Nurse Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 4, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical CenterLas Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Womens Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the
only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas
Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated
patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring
for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.BENEFITSWe
offeran excellent total compensation package, for various positions
includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. Webelieve in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Yourbenefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuitionreimbursement, and
employee discount program. Wewould love to talk to you about this
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the unit
Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for
direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her
designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the
management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing
assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in
unit. The Charge Nurse also provides feedback to the nursing
director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning
opportunities for improvement. POPULATION SERVED:Core competencies
will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s)
served: Acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions
including but not limited to: cardiovascular (cardiac medical only)
pulmonary, neuro, GI, GU, skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho
conditions and diseases including but not limited to: AMI, CAD,
PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders,
etc. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
for Neuroscience patients of appropriate ages in each assigned
areas; i.e. craniotomies, pituitary surgical patients, ischemic
stoke classification, VP shunts and cervical and lumber
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patients
behavioral, neurological and physiological status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including
orientation, professional development.
- Provides for the processing of patients transitions thru
department, and movement of patients to other levels of care; i.e.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the
department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and outcomes.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs. Will
need 10 hours of stroke education per year.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Specializes in the care of patients with biopsychosocial
alteration due to nervous system dysfunction.
- Responsible for maintaining and meeting AANN and JCAHO
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of
Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- ACLS (employee will have 30 days to renew certifications upon
returning from a LOA) new nurses have up to 6 months to obtain ACLS
- RN licensed in State of Texas or compact State Nursing license
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care, Med-Surg.
- TNCC and PCRN certification.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills; i.e. word processing systems used by Las
Palmas Medical Center.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality
- Strong problem solving skills (Critical Thinking Skills).
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
- Knowledge of general hospital operations.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Med/Surg Telemetry Supervisor Registerd Nurse Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!