Hospital Director of Strategy, The Hospitals of Providence, Transmountain Campus, El Paso, TX
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Hospital Director of Strategy leads in development and
implementation of facility business strategy.
- Develops and implements strategy which leads to improvement in
market share consistent with Tenet Healthcare?s mission and core
- Uses data to analyze market dynamics, trends and competition
and implements strategies to meet market demand.
- Assesses market development strategy and industry trends as
appropriate, leading to the generation of innovative ideas to
improve current business plan and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates exceptional financial management and analytical
skills while leading the annual business planning process and
- Effectively advises CEO in the development and execution of
short- and long-term strategies.
- Establishes and influences others to achieve goals, targets and
metrics consistent with strategic and operational objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent formal presentation and interpersonal
communication skills that result in understanding of, and
commitment to, strategic initiatives.
- Leads senior executive team in advancing the facility?s short-
and long-term strategic plans.
Organizational Leadership - Expectations & RequirementsAs a leader
in healthcare, Tenet is committed to providing the best possible
care to every patient, with a clear focus on quality and service.
Strong leadership is essential to delivering on this commitment,
and we believe that the quality of our leaders can give us a
significant long-term competitive advantage. We want to ensure
every current and future leader in Tenet is successful, and we
support that through our selection and hiring process and by
providing coaching and training to our leaders.
Candidate Experience, Attributes and Education Requirements
- Minimum of five years of experience in Strategic Planning and
Healthcare Strategy/Development is required. Experience developing
complex business plans and using data to drive strategy is a
- Knowledge of healthcare organization and administration and of
standards and laws applicable to managing strategy and planning
issues with facility operations.
- Knowledge of healthcare, strategic and financial planning.
- Proven financial management skills, capable of reaching closure
and timely accomplishment of objectives with a focus on P & L.
- Knowledge of principles of interactive planning, participatory
management and influence management.
- Skilled at executing strategy and problem solving; asks the
right questions, follows up and determines the facts, setting
priorities based on business opportunity. Skilled at spotting
trends and developments. Able to direct the development of business
plans and proformas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and a dedicated listener,
comfortable in a variety of settings dealing with diverse
constituencies; a broad thinker. The ability to communicate clearly
and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity,
principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making
difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate
credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the
- A collaborative and operational manager who will give employees
a voice and encourage full participation of all team members.
- A team player, good listener and consensus builder who truly
values the input of others and their contributions, and positively
responds to such input.
Education/CertificationsAn undergraduate degree in Business, or
appropriately relevant field, is required. An advanced degree in
Business, Healthcare Administration, or Public Health is strongly
CompensationA competitive compensation program will be tailored to
the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a
performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program,
which includes relocation assistance.
TravelApproximately 25 percent Job: Executive SearchPrimary
Location: El Paso, TexasFacility: Tenet Executive SearchJob Type:
Full-timeShift Type: Days
Keywords: Tenet, El Paso , Hospital Director of Strategy, The Hospitals of Providence, Transmountain Campus, El Paso, TX, Executive , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!