General Manager - LQ
Company: La Quinta Inns & Suites
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 13, 2019
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a General Manager - LQ to join
our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham El Paso - East location in El
Paso, Texas. Job Summary This position is responsible for managing
daily hotel operations to achieve planned goals for revenue and
profit (i.e., IOC) while maintaining standards for guest
satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset
protection; provide leadership, training, direction and support to
hotel employees; maintain a high quality product. Education &
Experience MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business is
a plus. Equivalent experience is acceptable. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 2 - 5 years as General Manager or other hotel management role.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide
service to internal and external customers in a professional and
- May be required to walk and/or stand for long periods of
- Must be flexible in work hours/days.
- Must be able to travel.
- Requires good vision.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a personal
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and weekends.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel,
Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing
- Obtain any locally required certifications. Fundamental
Requirements Revenue Management:
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that
includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment
for weekday and weekend and a forecast of local market conditions
and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice
President and the corporate sales organization.
- Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling
techniques and procedures for current promotions. Financial
- Provide input to the annual budget by forecasting changes in
operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in
accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in
accordance with business demand levels and control utility expenses
in accordance with energy management and building operations
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable
expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly
IOC; explain the causes for budget variances of controllable
expenses and take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and
adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing. Guest
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in
accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts,
pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest
service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the
products and services they received. Personally handle difficult
situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of
poor guest service before guests leave the property.
- Personally respond to guest complaint letters, Guest Assistance
Contact Forms, and comment cards in accordance with company
- Receive satisfactory scores for Medallia (i.e., guest
satisfaction survey) and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train and manage employees to deliver guest
services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for
revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human
resources management, payroll administration, personnel
transactions and fair treatment of employees. Conduct wage surveys
to provide input to annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is
offering competitive wages.
- Train and develop assigned potential management candidates and
trainees in accordance with Human Resources programs and
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional
manner and in accordance with all company policies including
standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of
- Receive satisfactory scores for employee satisfaction surveys
and take corrective action to correct any deficiencies; maintain an
acceptable level of employee turnover. Product Quality:
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the
company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of
the hotel in accordance with established quality control
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick-fix programs in
accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by
Medallia and the mystery shopper program and take action to correct
any deficiencies. COMPANY OVERVIEW: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the
largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel
management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels
in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection
of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the
richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel
travel possible for all. Our hotel owners are the stewards of our
brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe
guests deserve great experiences, and our robust
portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale
brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont®
by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels
and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham,
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta®
Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham,
Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark
Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®,
Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham
Hotels and Resorts®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices
around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more,
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members
worldwide. Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham El Paso - East, 7944 Gateway
East, El Paso, Texas 79915 Employment Status: Full-time Please see
Keywords: La Quinta Inns & Suites, El Paso , General Manager - LQ, Executive , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!