Configuration Management Analyst I
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: August 14, 2019
This position will be a member of the Mission Assurance department
responsible for managing the overall system configuration of
hardware, software and document/data products at a major NASA
satellite communications network ground system.
What you'll do...
The selected candidate will be expected to work onsite full time
and be knowledgeable in and responsible for the following:
- Installing and maintaining Enterprise Software such as IBM
Maximo, IBM Control Desk (ICD), DataSplice, Microsoft SharePoint,
- Server and MS SQL Server, including updates, security patches
and related software via command prompt and remote desktop
- Managing Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Software and
databases including user accounts, access, privileges, SQL queries
and database backups.
- Create and maintain Jython/Python, Java automation scripts,
Windows batch files. Also installing SSL certificates.
- Applying CM Identification, Change Management and Control,
Status Accounting, and Verification and Audits processes.
- Developing and maintaining configuration product breakdown
structures with identification. Performing change management
- Applying CM processes in either a development or sustainment
- Creating and establishing baseline (as-required, as-designed,
as-built and as-maintained) configurations.
- Interfacing with Configuration Control Boards (CCBs),
Configuration Review Boards (CRBs) and managing Change Requests
- Collaborating with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to
restore baseline configurations to maintain operational service
and/or identify system issues and support the integration of new
system baselines as required. Qualifications
You'd be a great fit if you have...
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information
Techonology, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Science or
related technical field.
- Knowledge (with experience) in administration of Linux/Windows
Operating systems and the ability to employ/configure/maintain
these operating systems in a VMware virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts within VMware-like
- Knowledge of systems architecture concepts and application,
such as Maximo, IBM Control Desk (ICD), IBM BigFix, SharePoint,
- Working knowledge of CM tools and processes, with particular
interest in Maximo, ICD and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of log analysis and strong troubleshooting skills for
complex system issues, and discrepancy/anomaly resolution.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a
secret security clearance, be a US Citizen and show proof of
citizenship. It'd be even better if you have...
- Experience working in a large scale, dynamic, schedule and
deadline oriented environment, requiring immediate response with a
sense of urgency and quality.
- 2 or more years of experience in related field.
- Experience in Discrepancy Reports (DRs), Root Cause Analysis
(RCA) and Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCAs).
- Familiar with Directory Services and configuring/maintaining
Switches, Routers and Firewalls.
- Basic understanding of IT Security principles and
- Basic familiarity with reading/learning technical
documentation, drawings, etc. and ability to research and resolve
technical issues via the Internet (ie OEM Web pages, Technical
Forums, etc.). What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives SECURITY
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and
maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a
clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and Legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, El Paso , Configuration Management Analyst I, Executive , Las Cruces, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!