Director of Billing Operations
Company: STAR Anesthesia, P.A.
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 16, 2020
STAR Anesthesia, P.A., is a physician-owned medical group that
provides anesthesia services throughout San Antonio, San Marcos,
New Braunfels, Houston, and the surrounding areas. STAR Anesthesia
is comprised of more than 210 physicians operating in seven
separate divisions to provide anesthesia coverage to our patients.
Our physicians have been a part of the San Antonio medical industry
for over 25 years.
Our business office is located in San Antonio (281 and 1604).
Benefits include fully paid health insurance, competitive 401k
match, and a generous profit sharing plan.
The Director of Billing Operations supervises the billing
department comprised of the claims processing, payment posting,
patient information, and collections divisions. The billing
department prepares and submits all physician claims to insurance
or other payors, posts payment collections to the appropriate
account, and undertakes internal collection efforts to resolve
accounts receivable. The Director of Billing
Operations resolves claim issues with payors as required. This
position works closely with senior management to monitor all
billing department operations and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all billing and collection activities for large,
private group practice.
- Stay current on all managed care, Medicare, Medicaid, and other
payor regulations that impact billing activities.
- Manage operations wherein received physician superbills are
100% accounted and processed within a goal of averaging 5 business
days from receipt to submission. Monitor exceptions to this
- Manage operations to achieve a 95% collection rate from
- Maintain and update the billing software database.
- Train all assigned department staff to perform assigned duties
and monitor progress.
- Supervise department staff time and attendance.
- Respond to tasks directed by the Chief Operating Officer, Chief
Executive Officer, Board of Directors, or individual physicians.
Assist individual physicians with inquires regarding the practice.
Maintain confidential individual practice performance data.
- Supervise and monitor activities within billing software and
- Supervise record management and scanning activities.
- Supervise approximately 55 billing department personnel and all
Billing Department activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related
field required. A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in health
care billing activities with an insurance company, hospital, or
physician practice is preferred. Certified Professional Coder
license is preferred.
Language Skills: Must be articulate in English speech and
understand how to listen and resolve issues. Verbal interaction
with physicians and staff employees is required. Must be
comfortable in handling individual and group communications.
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- Employee Health Insurance (100% Employee only paid by
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, Cancer & Accident
- Flex Plan - Unreimbursed Medical & Dependent Child Care
Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: STAR Anesthesia, P.A., El Paso , Director of Billing Operations, Executive , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!