Audit Manager / Consumer Banking Audit Team
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume when submitting your application for consideration.
To participate in some selection activities you will need to
respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email
and text message. In order to receive text message invitations,
your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as
"Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit conducts audits and reports the results of our work
to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We
provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services
delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a
business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives
by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and
improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and
This specific role is for an Audit Manager on the Consumer Banking
Audit Team to focus on auditing the activities within the Consumer
Banking and Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI)
Control Executive organizations. Experience in Risk and Controls
activities such as Compliance, Operational Risk, Fraud, Technology,
and / or Finance/Accounting is preferred. Specifically, experience
is preferred in the Risk Management Framework, Enterprise Risk
Programs and related pillars such as risk assessment, risk
identification, and the enterprise risk management assessment,
along with experience auditing key regulations. Experience in
auditing consumer businesses such as Community Banking, Home
Lending, Wells Fargo Auto, Treasury Management, Operations, etc. is
also desired. As an Audit Manager, you will be responsible for
supervising audit engagements and leading teams in performing
reviews of Risk and Controls activities within the Consumer Banking
and PVSI Control Executive organizations.
The Audit Manager supervises integrated audit projects as directed
by senior management generally for multiple projects or audit
engagements and may also participate in audits generally as subject
matter expert in a consulting capacity.
- Supervise or oversee multiple concurrent projects
- Identify and assess key risks and controls and designs audit
coverage across an auditable activity with limited guidance
- Exhibit appropriate judgment regarding issue notification;
- Communicate findings to internal client (business partner)
- Draft and communicate final audit report and is able to
interact effectively with senior management
- Coach and mentor auditors-in-charge and other staff regarding
required knowledge and skills.
- Evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for complex
- Demonstrate professional skepticism
- Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner to
all levels of management
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical
- Escalate significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate
levels of management
- Effectively coach and guide other team members through the
audit processAudit Managers demonstrate depth and breadth of
knowledge that includes technology, operational, financial, and
regulatory understanding across multiple businesses and may develop
knowledge in a critical subject matter area.
They also may execute limited managerial duties under the direction
and oversight of the Senior Audit Manager.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by
leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where
your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work
that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing
and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and
feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and
managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following
audit or risk functions: covering risk identification, mitigation
and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance
risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management
of a process or business with accountability for risk.)
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk
methodologies and supporting tools
- Understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM,
CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with specific focus in operational and regulatory
risk management, audit, or related risk management functions.
- Foundational knowledge of key processes, regulations, risks and
controls within the Consumer Banking and / or PVSI portfolios.
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability
to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, El Paso , Audit Manager / Consumer Banking Audit Team, Executive , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!