Field Engineer Intern - TX Building Group
Company: Sundt Construction, Inc.
Location: El Paso
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job SummarySundt is looking for committed engineering (Civil,
Structural, and Mechanical) and construction management students
within accredited universities/colleges. The internship will
provide you with unique experiences on challenging projects
throughout the US while providing you the opportunity to
participate in several of the activities it takes to successfully
build our projects. We're looking for the future leaders of our
company and those who are inspired to go beyond the expected. Come
internship with one of the best places to work, as voted on by our
own employees and where our people make the difference.Key
- Assisting with surveying, testing, sample collection, drawing
correction and filing.
- Attending bid openings, conferences, etc.; taking notes, making
records, completing forms.
- Assisting with report preparation, safety inspections,
submittal logging and processing.
- Preparing quantity takeoffs, calling vendors and subcontractors
- Observing and reporting results of meeting and conducting site
tours for visitors.
- Assisting with time keeping and cost control, inventory
control, schedule checking, subcontractor monitoring.
- Assisting with project record keeping, preparing shop drawings,
and assisting with cost control records.
- Working as a manual laborer, helper, clerk or technician
assistant, etc. Minimum Job Requirements
- Eager to learn, immensely curious, full of questions, and ready
to get their hands dirty.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- A team player, ready and willing to take on whatever challenge
- Prefer those who have interest in a construction career for a
- Currently enrolled in a fouryear Construction Management or
Engineering program. Note: Job Description is subject to change at
any time and may include other duties as assigned.Physical
- Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
- Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work
- Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire
duration of a shift/work day.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a
- May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic
devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and
external customers or vendors
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel
objects on a frequent basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required
(including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety
glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the
company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job
titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered
veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity
and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our
Keywords: Sundt Construction, Inc., El Paso , Field Engineer Intern - TX Building Group, Engineering , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!