Company: Wilson Company
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking
a Senior Manager to lead our Water Resources Operations in El Paso,
TX. This position will have a focus in marketing, business
development, and sales to support growth of Wilson & Company's
existing practice in the water resource markets. This position will
also be responsible for the business operations of the practice.
This includes hiring and managing staff resources, ensuring revenue
and profitability targets, and ensuring that our projects are
executed with a high level of quality and technical excellence.
This ideal candidate should be an experienced technical leader,
project and personnel manager with a strong engineering background
and proven history of relationships in the water resource
- Directs daily activities of the engineering team. Ensures staff
and resources are prioritized and aligned to meet the business
- Makes appropriate recommendations regarding scope and resource
requirements of projects.
- Participates in strategic planning activities to ensure that
the department is positioned to meet the business
- Guides team to work within the structure of standardized
product development and project management processes. Monitors and
measures project performance and reports project status to
- Establishes and maintains an effective staff through
performance appraisals, staffing, and developing technical
- Demonstrates sound engineering principles and a structured
analytical approach to problem solving.
- Provides direction in technical reviews, risk assessment, and
root cause analysis to the team and the organization. Provides
technical guidance, training, and support throughout the entire
- Promotes and cultivates innovation and champion's continuous
improvement. Facilitates process, cost reduction, and quality
- Maintains strong and proactive relationships with all
functional areas of the business unit to deliver optimal product
solutions to the customer.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Broad understanding of engineering principles required.
- Skilled in project management, managing technical
professionals, and demonstrated ability to lead and direct multiple
- 12 years of experience with an advanced degree in a related
area preferred, engineering or management.
- A Professional Engineer licensed in the state of Texas, or the
ability to obtain within 12 months is preferred.
- Candidate must have established & proven relationships with
- Experience that demonstrates successful management and
financial responsibility of the engineering business.
- Excellence in managing project pursuits, preparing proposals,
and working with marketing staff.
- The ability to attract and recruit high end talent to Wilson &
Company with the ability to retain, develop, and promote.
- Ensure quality management with implementation of quality
- Travel is required.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring
applicants for work visas.
Annual Salary Range: $75,000 - $152,000
Wilson & Company has a rich history in multimodal transportation
planning, traffic engineering and design, and the right candidate
will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary
engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and
planning services, and employ staff throughout 15 offices in 9
states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a
diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and
federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards
in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and
Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details
without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and
exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing
out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the
goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a
win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher
Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities
where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help
you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with
Wilson & Company provides a comprehensive benefits package that
encourages employee health and well-being. We have several options
to choose from for health insurance, life insurance, disability
insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan benefits. We
are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Wilson & Company is a federal contractor and subject to various
health and safety regulations enforced by federal, state, and local
agencies, as well as health and safety requirements of our clients.
All regulations and requirements are subject to change, which could
cause current Wilson & Company policies to be adjusted. Wilson &
Company will require all employees to comply with all applicable
regulations, requirements, and company policies.
Keywords: Wilson Company, El Paso , Engineering Manager, Engineering , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!