Automation Control Engineer
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 12, 2022
*****THIS ROLE IS IN EL PASO TEXAS. RELOCATION OFFERED. DISH is
a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue
that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy
is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo,
including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry
in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service,
taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and
grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it
again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV
- that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly
new way to access and watch television.Now we have our sights set
on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched
incumbent carriers.We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure,
and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people
with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to
achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our
story.Opportunity is here. We are DISH. SUMMARY Are you a hands-on
floor-oriented engineer? This is not for someone looking for a
corporate glass-office environment. This is on the floor with the
front line, solving real problems. This role, designs, develops,
and test the manufacture and installation of electrical equipment,
components, or systems.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in the development, installation, testing and
configuration of automation equipment and the subsystems.
- Develops and implement automation improvements to existing
mechanical assembly, machining, and inspection processes to improve
product quality, increase throughput, decrease cost, and maintain
- Designs easy to use graphical user interfaces for custom
- Provides/creates required documentation for test and automation
equipment including any maintenance schedule, spare equipment and
work instructions required during manufacturing.
- Works cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary engineering
team to bring new products to manufacturing.
- Keeps equipment current by monitoring equipment function and
uptime; contributes to overall equipment effectiveness by
implementing permanent corrective actions via failure
- Identifies quality problems, tracks problems down to root cause
and recommends solutions.
- Interprets test results, compares them to established
specifications and control limits, and makes recommendations on
appropriateness of data for release.
- Presents information to top management, public groups, and/or
boards of directors.
- Communicates and maintains good working relationships with
engineering partners AND CUSTOMERS . *****THIS ROLE IS IN EL PASO
TEXAS. RELOCATION OFFERED.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related degree
- Two years industry experience required; 5+ years of experience
- Experience with programming robots and conveyors in a
manufacturing environment is highly desired.
- Previous experience in software development, computer
programming, or other related fields.
- Experience interfacing with relational databases, creating and
querying test data in SQL.
- Strong ability to interpret electronic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot test system software, instrumentation,
- Be able to work independently as well as in team
- Be flexible, resilient, and proactive. Curious to learn new
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. *****THIS
ROLE IS IN EL PASO TEXAS. RELOCATION OFFERED. #LI-PP1 Compensation:
$70,000.00/Year - $82,000.00/Year From versatile health perks to
new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers
website .Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment
screen, which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH, El Paso , Automation Control Engineer, Engineering , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!