Instructor or Higher-General Pediatrics (Pediatrics) (Physician )
Company: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Pa
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Pediatrics opening in El Paso, Texas. Job Description Extended
Instructor or Higher-General Pediatrics (Pediatrics)
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Contributes to the university s mission through teaching and
service, some variation by academic unit.
Up to 25%
- Provides patient care and diagnosis in all areas of Pediatrics
to newborns, children and adolescents
- Examines patients to determines the presence of disease and
establishes preventive health practices
- Determines nature and extent of disease or injury
- Prescribes and administer medications and immunizations
- Precepts medical students and residents in the clinic, newborn
nursery and general pediatric wards
- Supervises physician assistants in the clinical and inpatient
- Participates in research and scholarly activities within the
Department of Pediatrics
- Participates in the education of medical students and residents
of the Texas Tech University health Sciences Center El Paso Paul L.
Foster School of Medicine
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations; adheres
to institutional and department policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L.
Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties
within the department of the school of medicine
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or
Monthly schedule will be determined by the Division Chief
- Board Certified in General Pediatrics by the American Board of
- Bilingual (English and Spanish preferred)
- Established track record in clinical service, teaching and/or
HSC - El Paso
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume /
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the
individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring
department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional
information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the
Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its
components will not discriminate in our employment practices based
on an applicant s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- M.D./D.O. degree or foreign medical equivalent degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited pediatrics
- Eligible for Texas medical license
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus
Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and
universities participating in federal financial aid programs to
maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security
information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish
and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime
Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and
employees. You can locate this report through our website at:
Application Instructions Please click on the link below to apply
for this position.
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate
careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Pa, El Paso , Instructor or Higher-General Pediatrics (Pediatrics) (Physician ), Education / Teaching , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!