Company: WestStar Bank
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Execute and document assigned internal audits as dictated by the
Internal Audit and BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance audit programs.
- Complete assigned internal audits as dictated by the annual
audit plan, including but not limited to:
- Conduct audit planning procedures and update audit procedures,
- Verify and document compliance with bank policies and
applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform adequate testing of internal controls to ensure
operational effectiveness, accuracy of financial information, and
safeguarding of bank assets; test and analyze transactions and
- Maintain adequate work papers to support and document audit
work and conclusions.
- Prepare audit results, including findings and recommendations,
for audit management review.
- Perform on-site branch audits.
- Participate in preparation of quarterly internal audit
- Conduct quarterly follow-up procedures for audit findings.
- Assist audit management with annual FDICIA testing of key
controls and documentation as assigned.
- Perform other duties assigned in accordance with the Audit Plan
and Quarterly Audit Schedules and/or special projects.
- Complete required bank training and audit related training as
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned. Required
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business related field (accounting or
- One year of experience in accounting, finance, or audit
- Banking experience a plus.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in sensitive bank
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both verbally
and in writing, as well as work with bank personnel in a
professional and objective manner.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret written material of a
technical nature (i.e. regulatory guidance, laws and regulations,
exam reports, etc.).
- Strong writing and documentation skills to effectively
communicate audit results.
- Strong computer skills, to include but not limited to
intermediate/advanced use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook;
prior experience with data analytics tools (e.g. Cognos) and/or
automated audit software tools, a plus.
- Ability to create electronic databases and analyze,
cross-reference, and/or manipulate data (e.g., sort, pivot, filter,
subtotal, extract, convert, vlookups, etc., mostly but not limited
- Attention to detail and high-quality work is a must.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines is
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Use of 10-key preferred. Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment such as computers, phones and
photocopiers. Supervisory Responsibility
- N/A Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Office setting
- May travel to departments and/or branch locations.
WestStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of any protected trait, including gender, race,
ethnicity, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: WestStar Bank, El Paso , Audit Associate, Accounting, Auditing , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!