Audit Manager - Bank
Location: El Paso
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Audit Manager Bank for
our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or Remote facilities.Purpose of the
JobLeads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit
engagements throughout the audit lifecycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with IT, analytics, and projects and reviewing
work papers. Develops and independently performs complex work
assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements. Maintains a high degree of
business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal
fieldwork contact. Mentors staff auditors on audit excellence, to
include theory and application of audit and/or business/IT
techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors'
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of
financial services regulations and effectively responds and
interacts with regulators.Job RequirementsPRIMARY
- Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit
engagements throughout the audit lifecycle.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure
quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and continuous monitoring.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement
evaluations when applicable.
- Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special
reviews and investigations.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners to help
drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Identifies and remediates issues and roadblocks to successful
completion of audit activities.
- Provides guidance on the use of business systems, applications,
and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews,
analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to
ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Communicates with the business/clients; delivers both
risk-based and difficult messages.
- May communicate with regulators and leaders.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment and provides recommendations
for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit
reports for issuance to respective client leadership and
coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities as defined in the
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information
Technology or other relevant field OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking,
information technology or related business experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Audit theory and demonstrated experience
in audit execution.
- Advanced level business acumen in business operations, industry
practices, and emerging trends.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years of experience in large financial services internal
- 2+ years of experience leading end-to-end engagements as the
Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and/or leadership experience within the
consumer banking audit
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls, business and
information technology risks and/or audit techniques in a large
financial services organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of the banking regulatory environment
for large financial services
- Experience auditing Omnichannel, Deposits, Payment Systems, or
Money Movement processes
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal
Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), or other
relevant business designationQualifications may warrant placement
in a different job levelWhen you apply for this position, you will
be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is available for this position.For
Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement), or must have managers
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 2/27/2020 by 11:59 pm CST timeFind your purpose.
Join our mission.USAA has grown to serve almost 12 million members.
USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our
members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families
worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and
products. USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most
valuable resource, our 32,000 employees. They are the heart and
soul of our member-service culture.Everything that happens at USAA
is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and
Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our
members, as well as how we treat each other.USAA is an EEO/AA
Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or
other status protected by law.
Keywords: USAA, El Paso , Audit Manager - Bank, Accounting, Auditing , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!