Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We are looking to add a new member to our team to assist in the
accounting and analysis of Payroll and related Employee Benefits.
This individual will participate in meetings with Finance teams and
Business Unit teams throughout the organization to develop a solid
understanding of changes in the business that will impact the
financial statements, and will work closely with the organization's
Payroll, Human Resource, and Compensation teams. The individual
will be responsible for creating journal entries, performing
reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, providing detail and
summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income
statement, and maintaining effective internal controls to mitigate
Senior Accountant job duties:
- In accordance with GAAP, prepare and record journal entries in
the accounting system timely and accurately.
- Work with internal and external teams to identify or assist
with projects to improve or correct processes and systems,
collaborating with financial systems and other impacted teams.
- Perform month and quarter end close activities, including
journal entries, detail and summary level analysis of impacts to
the balance sheet and income statement, balance sheet account
reconciliations, and reporting schedules for SEC, external
auditors, and internal Tax teams.
- Partner with Finance and Business Unit teams to assist with
quarterly/annual budget planning, understanding impact of proposed
changes, and provide guidance on accounting treatment and timing of
recognition of expenditures.
- Understand and maintain internal controls and assist with the
preparation and update of control self-assessments for SOX
- Protect the integrity of confidential accounting
- Assist external auditors with quarterly review, annual audit,
and substantive testing requests.
- Support Payroll operations department with accounting
- Position requires work beyond 8 hours a day during the
financial close and other occasions as necessary, potentially
including weekends and holidays.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of accounting
- Experience with Excel, subledger and GL systems, Oracle a
- Proficient in GAAP
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making,
analytical and organizational skills
- Effective communicator, enjoys interacting with team members
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial
- Ability to create efficiencies or solutions for existing or
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Accounting degree, CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Requires 5 plus years of corporate/public accounting
- Self starter that demonstrates the ability to work in a fast
paced and growing environment
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to provide Fanatical
Support to internal business partners
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital
transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple
clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud,
innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments.
We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as
one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the
world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We
are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being
a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring
mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring
their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique
perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our
customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply
today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal
employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability,
gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic
information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or
maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic
or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation,
or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability
or special need that requires accommodation, please let us
Keywords: Rackspace, El Paso , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!