Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Rackspace is looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join
our team. As a Financial Reporting Accountant, you will assist in
the timely and accurate reporting of financial results to our debt
holders, equity investors, and management. The ideal candidate is
great with time management, organization, and effective verbal and
written communication skills.
In this role, you will work to develop the preparation of external
quarterly and annual reports, internal management reporting, and
investor earnings call materials. This role is also responsible for
financial statement analysis and other deliverables to our
To be a Racker is all about Fanatical Experience, the results
obsessed customer service that's been at the core of Rackspace
since 1999. By being a member of the Accounting team, the role of
Financial Reporting Accountant will play a key part in helping
drive the performance of Rackspace.
If you like being challenged and want to continue to learn and grow
while bringing your best every single day - then being a Financial
Reporting Accountant at Rackspace is for you! Join us at a company
that has an award-winning culture and a set of core values that you
can stand behind. Come to Rackspace and be a Financial Reporting
In this role you will:
- Assists in the preparation and development of external
financial reporting, including quarterly and annual reports.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly management reporting
- Analyzes financial statements balances and fluctuations monthly
- Provides support to investor relations and develops critical
information for earnings releases and other required external
- Researches GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements and prepares
documentation around accounting conclusions reached.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA preferred; at a minimum must be eligible to sit for the CPA
- 1-2 years of professional accounting experience, preferably
with SEC reporting and/or Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Strong time management, organization, and effective verbal and
written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet hard deadlines.
- Ability to apply conceptual knowledge and perform practical
application of US GAAP.
- Understanding of technical accounting including GAAP and SEC
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
- Hard working and detail oriented.
Rackers are fanatical about growth, innovation and collaboration.
We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that
we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and
thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital
transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple
clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud,
innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments.
We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as
one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the
world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We
are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being
a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring
mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring
their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique
perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our
customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply
today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal
employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability,
gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic
information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or
maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic
or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation,
or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability
or special need that requires accommodation, please let us
Keywords: Rackspace, El Paso , SEC Accountant-US, Accounting, Auditing , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!