Accountant III - Manufacturing
Company: H-E-B Grocery
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 16, 2020
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in
the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico,
with annual sales generating over $25 billion. ','H-E-B is one of
the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation
operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual
sales generating over $25 billion. ','Described by industry experts
as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way
with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to
diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. ','H-E-B
offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000 Partners
(employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and
comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
The Finance & Accounting Team has fiduciary responsibility for
financial aspects of our end-to-end business, including all
accounting and regulatory facets of Product, from 'Farm to Fork'
... Facilities, from 'Greenfield to Sunset' - and Partners, from
'Recruit to Retire.' The team also oversees our Mexico Division's
accounting, tax, and finance operations.
As an Accountant III, you'll provide specialized analyses and
perform financial functions related to accounting, budgeting,
auditing, forecasting, and analysis.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so
we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and
Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important
resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that
make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... ability to communicate at all levels?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... organizational savvy?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to discover new ways to impact
business decisions / results?
We are looking for:
- a master's degree (preferred)
- advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
What is the work?
- Performs highly complex tasks, providing specialized analyses in
various accounting functions (e.g., accounts receivable, accounts
payable, cost accounting, etc.)
- Discovers / drives new ways to use information to impact business
decisions and results
- Reviews complex financial data; maintains documented records
supporting financial data used in actual and budget analysis
- Provides complex analysis and recommendations on new / existing
businesses to senior management
- Performs complex analyses, and identifies / analyzes root causes
using advanced problem-solving skills
- May report on weekly actuals and forecasts profitability that
involve trend analysis, economic research, and comparative
- May lead / collaborates on ad hoc projects, strategic in focus,
to inform key decision-making
- Develops / recommends complex accounting systems, methods,
procedures, and controls
- Develops / modifies major policies and procedures for financial
reporting and cost analysis in specialized areas
- Performs financial functions related to budgeting, auditing,
forecasting, and analysis
- Ensures management / leadership understand rate, budget
- Conducts / may lead audits
- Documents / communicates changes to assigned accounting
- Participates in / may lead cross-functional projects;
collaborates with non-accounting teams
- Proactively stays abreast of best practices and regulatory
- Advises / presents to leaders on more complex business
- Reviews work of less experienced Partners; provides guidance and
coaching as issues arise
What is your background?
- Master's degree preferred; bachelor-s degree in accounting, or a
- 6 years of experience in H-E-B accounting roles, or
- 8 years of broad-based accounting functions - Dairy experience
- CPA a plus
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Accountant
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and regulatory accounting
- Expert PC, MS Office, and software skills, including word
processing, database management, spreadsheets, and graphics
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to
- Advanced research skills
- Advanced verbal / written communication skills
- Advanced time-management skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to confidently communicate at all levels of management
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or plane with overnight stays
- Sit for extended periods
- Work extended hours
Keywords: H-E-B Grocery, El Paso , Accountant III - Manufacturing, Accounting, Auditing , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!